I’m just back from a week in the sun where I was pretty well disconnected. Today, I spent a bit of time getting caught up on what’s been going on. Here are a handful of things I might have posted individually if they had not surfaced during a week of vacation:
- Rising ocean levels reclaimed an island near India. Also, an ice shelf has broken off an island in the Canadian artic. These are pretty scary events and we can expect more news like this in the coming years. By the way, if you have not seen it already, check out An Inconvenient Truth.
- The MTA has launched a new travel planner and Gothamist has a review.
- This printable, compact calendar will come in handy all year. Print it out and stick it in your notebook for quick reference.
- The city might turn the temporary FDR roadway into a park. The narrow park would include a much needed bike lane. This is a great idea and utilizes (re-utilizes?) something that is slated to be to be torn down anyway.
- New Year’s Eve panoramic photos from around the world.
Happy New Year!