There are a lot of IA/UX libraries out there for various platforms. At this point, I prefer OmniGraffle for most things, but sometimes, clients want things done in something else. Here’s a short list of libraries/patterns for use in different software, including OmniGraffle and Visio. This is a very short list, but they are all things I’ve used and been happy with.
- Konigi has a nice UX template for OmniGraffle that I’ve used quite a bit over the years.
- The Yahoo Stencil Kit contains all sorts of goodies, including calendars, tabs, menus, form elements and more. It is available for OmniGraffle, Visio, Fireworks, Axure, InDesign, PDF, PNG and SVG.
- Nick Finck has a collection of Visio Stencils for IAs, including shapes for wireframes, sitemaps and process flows. These were produced a wile ago, but they are still very useful if you are using Visio,
- EightShapes Unify is not just a collection of templates, it is a process for creating user experience and design artifacts. Definitely worth a look if you are trying to implement some process at your organization.
- If you’re using Axure RP, they have a few Axure widget libraries on their site. Axureland also has a growing number of templates and widget libraries available.